$350 – Ceremony music
$450 – Ceremony + cocktail hour
$100 – Extra instrument
Rates subject to change. Please call/contact so we can discuss your exact needs!
LET'S CHAT! : )
Imagine your perfect wedding. All of your closest friends and family eagerly await the ceremony. You’ve hired a musician to set the mood and keep the guests entertained. The music that’s played will be their first impression of how the day’s events will unfold. You want everything to be fun. Classy. Unique.
You don’t want a recital.
You don’t want a playlist.
You want a soundtrack.
You want a soundtrack that’s composed live just for your event, adapting to the ebb and flow of the atmosphere in the air. You want a unique acoustic sound that is real, romantic, and fun but not quite classical, not quite jazz, not quite singer-songwriter. I treat my guitar like a drum and piano to bring you sounds that are full, rich, and intimate. The style is flashy enough to be entertaining without being distracting.
If this sounds like the perfect way to lead into your ceremony. Let’s talk! I’m available to talk over phone, text, email, Skype, Snapchat … whatever tickles your fancy!
FREQUENTLY-ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)
What’s included in your fee?
My prices quotes are all-inclusive and no-nonsense. Once we’ve talked over your needs, I’ll send you a quote with exactly what’s included so there aren’t any surprises. You’ll be able to approve it or request changes if anything looks out of line!
If things go over by a few minutes here and there, or something causes a delay, don’t sweat it. I’ll stick around for as long as my services are needed! I’m here to make your special day more pleasant. I also don’t schedule events back-to-back, so you don’t have to worry that I’ll abandon ship right when I’m needed most.
What should I expect?
I’ll show-up early, setup the sound equipment (which you’re welcome to use if need be), and make sure that volume level is perfect, all before your guests even arrive. I’ll follow your guidance and instructions whether pre-arranged or by cue from your coordinator.
I also like to work with couples to find a song that’s meaningful to them and put together an instrumental arrangement to be played during the processional. After the ceremony is completed, I’ll continue playing music until your guests have made the proper transitions. No one wants to see a musician breaking down his/her equipment!
Why should I hire you?
I’ve been performing for more than 20 years across the globe and have played everywhere from packed soccer stadiums to internationally-renowned concert halls to famous museums to local house concerts. Professionalism, adaptability, and a sense of humor have been my greatest assets through it all.
What does that mean for you? Very few things phase me when it comes to performing.
I want your event’s music to be perfect. If through the communication process, we realize that I’m not your guy, I’m not afraid to say it and turn down the work and refer you to someone who’s a better fit.
Can you refer some great vendors you’ve worked with?
- Event planning & coordination
- Live band
Ok ... so I have this crazy request ...
Love it! Tell me what you have in mind! Who knows? Maybe I’ll throw an even crazier idea back at you!
What if I want guitar/piano + [insert instrument]?
Great! I know a bunch of amazing musicians who I play with on a regular basis. Let’s make that dream come true! Contact me with your needs, and I can get you a quote quickly.
What I don't know exactly what song I want to walk to?
Perfect! Why? Because I want to compose your processional music.
That’s right! Assuming that I have a reasonable deadline, one of the things I love doing most is getting to know a couple and writing a piece of music that’s perfectly suited for their perfect day. This way, you’ll have a 100% unique piece that hasn’t been played at any other wedding. Ever!
Of course, you’d be involved every step of the way so you know exactly what you’re getting.
I'm in! Walk me step by step of how this works!
- Reach out! Send me a message and introduce yourself! Please leave your phone number as well and a good time for me to reach both of you! I’m pretty good about getting back to inquiries within 24 hours.
- Phone chat! I’ll ask a few basic questions, answer any that you may have, and most importantly, we’ll get a feel for each other to make sure I’m someone you want to work with.
- Your website! I’ll create a password-protected website for you where you’ll be able to access your custom package & quote, contract, questionnaires, and online payment. Yes! I take online payment!
- Quote! I’ll send you a quote complete with everything that’s included in the price. You can then accept it if everything looks good or request a change if something doesn’t seem right. If you need to make changes later on (adding another instrument, adding more time for music, etc), we can! This will simply give us a starting place.
- Contract! I work with contracts to protect both of us. You’ll be able to sign online. You’ll also receive a counter-signed contract from me and be able to view the contract at any time through your website.
- Payment! I accept payment online and require a 50% deposit to reserve the date on my calendar. You’ll have the option to pay in full or any time prior to your wedding if you prefer to not worry about taking the time out of your big day to hand me the remaining payment.
- Communicate! We’ll stay in touch. I’ll send samples and updates as need be. As things change or formalize, I’ll be there to help guide you through.
And that’s it!
We had the pleasure of having Henry (AKA Sheltered Turtle) play our pre-wedding ceremony and our ceremony music and we could not have been more thrilled and pleased to have done so! Our guests raved about the lovely touch of having the acoustic music play while they arrived and found their seats. Henry composed a beautiful cover of one of our favorite songs that he played during the processions, which added personal feel to the atmosphere of our wedding day.
Henry was incredibly accommodating to the hectic schedule on our wedding day, very professional and remained in constant contact with us leading up to and on the day to make sure everything went smoothly. I would highly recommend to anyone to work with Henry as he is not only a great person but an amazing musician.Adam & Natalie W.