As you interview different musicians, see if they’re asking the right questions to put you at ease. After all, THEY are supposed to be the professionals, not you! Here’s a quick guide I put together just for you!
1. You’re the employer, they’re the employee, not the other way around! They’re interviewing for the very important job of providing music for your wedding.
2. Your ceremony musician will be setting the mood an atmosphere for all of your guests. Be clear on what’s important.
3. If you have a vision or request, be up front about it. Feeling guilty about asking will only lead to disappointment down the line.
Questions to ask them:
1. What do you do best?/Why should I hire you?
2. What forms of payment do you accept?
3. What’s the best way for us to communicate?
4. Do you book gigs back to back?
5. Will you take another gig over my wedding if it paid more?
6. What happens if you get sick or have to cancel?
7. Do you offer other services that I should know about?
Things to consider during your interviews:
1. How quickly do they communicate with me?
2. Is this someone I want at my wedding?
3. Will they honor my requests and be honest about their capabilities?
4. Are they focused on my needs?
5. Do I like their music, personality, and offerings?